i have resolved that august is going to be my clean month. this means:
1. healthy diet. strict no carbs, no sweets. exceptions only for special occasions. i badly need to cleanse my system of all the crap i have been putting in it. since i have a bit more time on my hands these days, i'm aiming to try some different recipes and experiment with my cooking a little more. let's see how long i can last without carbs. great, the receptionist at work just bought arnott's assorted cream biscuits...
2. exercise. i am aiming to exercise at least 3 times a week. i've been sick, had broken bones, sick again, etc, which has contributed to me not being able to exercise properly and regularly for the last few months. i need to get my ass into gear and maintain a good exercise regime. discipline is probably the hardest part for me - my brain will come up with any excuse not to exercise and the cold, wet weather does wonders for my reluctance/laziness.
3. no spending. a complete ban. this is going to be tough, but i really need to gain some control on my spending habits. i keep telling myself that i can justify purchasing something if i've sold enough stuff on ebay to pay for it, that it's a "classic" or that it's so much on sale that i can't not buy it (think of how much i am saving!). i just need to stop for a while and exercise some will power.
4. quiet time. i need to set aside some time in each day to sit down, read my bible, pray and not be distracted by everything else going on in my life.
5. people time. i tend to get so bogged down by life and everything that i have to do that i just don't end up having enough time for people. i am going to try and make an effort to give more of myself to others.