17 July 2013

new york, new york

photos from new york in the summer of '69.


my husband never usually says anything about my blog, however the other night he messaged me (he is away at the moment. we don't normally talk to each other at home via message... ok, sometimes we do) and said i should post these photos. his comment was "did you see this? clothes are amazing..."

looking at these photos makes you realise that women's fashion hasn't changed all that much. or maybe it's just come full circle. the men's fashion on the other hand... that leopard print is amazing.

the last time i was in new york was i think 2006. gees, that's like 7 years ago now. i fell in love. i was there for about 3.5 weeks and it still wasn't enough. there's just something about that city. it's so hard to explain, but i don't think there is another place like it in the world. after 7 years, it seems like a distant memory... but one that i will never forget. i think it was after visiting new york that i decided that i wasn't happy to just stick it out in little ol' perth anymore and that i needed something more. the bubble had well and truly burst. after that, i promised myself that i would never just "settle" - with my job, with where i am, with friends, with life.

these photos reminded me of the promise i made to myself and makes me want to move to new york. my husband wholeheartedly agrees.

images via buzz feed

3 comments:

  1. Those photos are amazing. Great street photography and great clothes <3<3

    ladyindo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.
    i'm in the city now so i find this so inspiring!

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband was right ... These are such great pictures! I love New York City too, and now have an even greater urge to go. Wishing you a great week.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?