20 October 2013

hacked

leather dress: steele | necklaces: isabel marant | clutch: antik batik | shoes: alexander wang

i scored this awesome leather dress off ebay. it is slightly too big for me, but i kind of like the oversized feel. also, it's the softest leather ever - such great quality.

i felt that the dress was initially a bit long for my liking, so i hacked off the hem. unfortunately i acted a bit rashly and cut off too much, resulting in the dress being too short ie couldn't lift my arms up higher than shoulder height for fear of exposure.

my solution was to re-attach the hacked hem. i think it looks pretty good now, as long as you don't look too closely and realise the stitching doesn't exactly match up...

14 comments:

  1. Love the leather dress, I wouldn't have noticed the hem-mishap at all :)

    I just started following you on bloglovin', you have such nice posts!

    love, Flourish xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oversized feel! and I wouldn't have noticed the hem if you hadn't mentioned it so good job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice outfit, like it :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your leather dress. I've been looking for a similar one for a while now. And your layered necklace is amazing.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest post. :)
    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore it!! What would you think of following each other on Bloglovin, Facebook and Google+?

    www.OntoMyWardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dress! You look amazing!♥
    What do you thing about THIS beautiful cheap clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shoes !

    xx Julien

    http://oohjules.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that all leather look is perfect. reminds me of alex wang's fall 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look and your dress! You are gorgeous!

    The Koalafornian x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look! I wouldn't think I'd be into a leather dress, but I was wrong because this one looks so great on you. Love the heels, too!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look beautiful! i love your hat =) do you want to follow each other? following you now on bloglovin =)

    www.lesley-kim.com

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?