17 December 2013

perfect


i've found it guys! the perfect white shirt!

something a little different, shorter in length for my stumpy body and perfectly tailored.

my general problem with white shirts is that they are too long! i am short as it is (being about 5"3) and have a relatively short torso. i find almost all white shirts are way too long for me and look silly if not tucked in. another problem i tend to have is the arms being too loose, which makes me look much broader than i am. i must admit that i have found a close second to this cos white shirt in uniqlo. however, this cos shirt tops the list for its interesting details... 

the sleeves aren't cuffed and are thinly hemmed. at first glance it looks as though it is just a raw edge.

the hem of the shirt is straight and doesn't dip. also, there are relatively high slits on the sides, which create a very streamline look and can also be quite slimming (imo). the shirt looks pretty cool tucked in at the front with the back hanging out.

the only con, if i have to nit-pick, is that it's 100% cotton, which makes it incredibly hard to iron and achieve wrinkle-free perfection!

that aside, i believe i have found the perfect white shirt ladies and gentlemen.

8 comments:

  1. How great is COS! I love the style of your blog. Would love for you to check out mine www.theboonreport.com and let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i wish we had cos in australia, but am kind of glad not everyone here has access to it.

      Delete
  2. It is really truly hard to find a white shirt that fits perfectly. mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! although i think i have found it... :)

      Delete
  3. white shirts = perfect wardrobe staples that can be worn a thousand different ways.

    good pick :)

    xoxo hobovogue.com . ღ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! there really is a plethora of options with a great white shirt.

      Delete
  4. Gaaaah I have similar problems too (same height!) and I always have to roll up the sleeves to avoid looking dumpy...My other thing is the "busting out" issue which means I never ever buy button up tops online unless they're loose/boxy in shape...One day I too will find my "perfect" white shirt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha unfortunately for me i never have a "busting out" problem. all the best in your quest :)

      Delete

a penny for your thoughts?