20 August 2014

to tuck or not to tuck

shirt: asos | pants: zambesi
 
(please excuse the gross hair)
 
let's talk more about workwear.
 
i love a good shirt. it is the best way to achieve a more polished and refined look. however, i always face the conundrum of whether to tuck or not. my preference for wearing most shirts is the half tuck/front tuck, however this is way too sloppy for work.
 
my problem with a tucked-in shirt is that 1. they look much better tucked into a high waisted bottom, and 2. i just don't have the body type for it. my torso is relatively stumpy, so i find it hard to get proportions right. i'm also pear-shaped, so tucking in only serves to accentuate my hips and belly (undesirable) and often accentuates further stumpiness. my preference is to leave shirts untucked, however this can also proove sloppy and often shirts are the wrong length for it. due to said stumpiness, shirts tend to be too long for me.
 
this asos shirt is cropped enough for me to not have to tuck it in, but it isn't so short that it's midriff-baring. i love it so much, i bought 2. it is not often asos produces a gem, as i would say that generally their products are of poor quality and make (i end up returning 90% of the stuff i buy from asos - when will i learn?). however, this shirt is a great find! it's a mix of polyester and cotton which makes for easy ironing, but also means it's breathable and durable. it's also a great piece to transition from your work wardrobe to everyday. i can't recommend it enough. it also comes in blackblue and various patterns. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm lucky to work in the creative field, every outfit is really considered great for work...but I do agree. Every fashion gal's gotta have the ubiquitous white button up in her arsenal! Thank you for the blog visit sweets, hope to see you back soon!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish i could wear my weekend clothes all the time, but in my field of work (law) it's just never going to happen. for me, it's finding that middle ground between appropriate workwear and something that i would also wear outside of work. thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. out. i'm never tucked it. loosey-goosey

    mon | http://www.monsemble.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i love your commitment.

      Delete
  3. Great picture!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i'm falling in love with my camera again :)

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts?