11 September 2014

we're all going on a summer holiday...

sunglasses: le specs ziggy | kindle | camera: fuji x10 | pouch: comme des garcons
 
my must have items on a holiday:
 
cheapo sunnies that can be tossed in the beach bag or the luggage without having to worry too much about scratching or breaking.
 
the kindle is an essential, not just for holidays, but everyday. i use it for my commutes to and from work, at the gym, eating lunch at my desk, pre-bedtime reading and whenever i have to wait longer than 5 minutes. it is so light and compact, i really don't know how i would survive without it. definitely one of the best presents i have received.
 
i have recently fallen in love with my camera all over again. i think it's almost 3 years old now and i still am yet to utilise all it's functions. it is so light and easy to carry around, making it perfect for holidays. although the photos aren't as nice as a DSLR, the ease of use and portability really make it perfect. plus it looks pretty hip too. i have been relying on my iphone camera way too much, which really is no comparison to a real camera.
 
the pouch is a new addition and my only souvenir from paris. so easy to use and actually holds quite a lot. and a bright colour always makes you happier, especially when you're on holiday.

16 comments:

  1. These are such great things for a holiday. Love that camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now, if only i can go on holidays more often...

      Delete
  2. Love that camera and the kindle as well! Check out my newest post which I shot in the fields of Essex featuring a VERY ALEXA CHUNG look, breton stripes and dungarees, and a very cool SUNITA MUKHI evil eye clutch, very illuminati ahaha!!! Plus glitter givenchy sandals!! Please do tell me what you think, and the popular highly requested evil eye clutch got over 1100 likes and 55 comments on instagram, you can buy it on my blog!

    INSTAGRAM: @THE_PROVOKER
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2014/09/eye-am-provoker.html

    3.1 PHILLIP LIM GIVEAWAY
    3.1 PHILLIP LIM GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. both are my prized possessions. couldn't live without them. thanks for your comment. i will definitely drop by your blog!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Adore those sunnies xx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunnies and camera really scream holiday to me too!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup this collection is complete eye candy. Is it weird that I could just stare at perfectly placed objects all day? There's gotta be some consumerist subconscious something going on there. Anyway, everything in this set is perfect. I can't go anywhere without something to read. And I always find that cheap sunnies last so much longer than my nice pairs! Those things are ultra durable.Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to have a read-it brightened my day :)

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment zoe. maybe there is something about perfectly placed objects... i find the ocd in me loves it :)

      Delete
  6. i love this post
    your blog is beautiful
    visit my blog on www.labrunettefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had more spare time to justify a kindle

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they aren't really that expensive, but i guess you have to find the time to read to justify it. maybe getting one will encourage you to read more?

      Delete
  8. I love that pouch! Especially the color. I would totally use that to put my iPad mini in :)

    - MeYouAndHayleyLarue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a bright colour for me. but i think you can afford to step out of your colour comfort zone with accessories - one step at a time, right? hehe

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts?