31 January 2015

New

Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain

Happy new year! (Is it too late to still be wishing people that?)

There are no real excuses for my neglect of this poor little blog.  I guess life just got busy and maybe I cared less.  I have become quite self-conscious about my body and the last thing I feel like doing is standing in front of a camera.  Body issues and self-esteem aside, I don't want to represent myself or my life as all rainbows and unicorns on this blog.  I want to be real.

The above pictures are of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain.  It's definitely one of the places you need to visit in your lifetime.  We visited the Sagrada just after Christmas with my parents, on an epic trip from Spain through to France.  It is the most magnificent church I have ever seen.  I walked in the entrance and gasped and my eyes welled at the immense beauty and majesty.  Something I will never forget.

I think it's easy to get caught up in the frivolities of life; to be obsessed with the latest fashions, to travel and experience as much as possible, to eat at the hippest restaurants.  But sometimes you are brought to your knees before something so stunning and magnificent, your perspective changes.  God and eternity are much bigger.  Life is more important.  

Don't get me wrong.  All these things like shoes, food and travel are lots of fun and it's likely that I will keep blogging about them.  But they aren't all I'm about.  

New year, new resolutions right?
I've joined a gym and am determined to go 4-5 times a week.  
I need to be more disciplined and prioritise the right things.
I am on a slow recovery from the gorge-fest that was Christmas.  Healthy eating, not dieting.
I spend so much money on things I don't need.  Less spending and more time considering what is important.

 What are your resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?